Mulled Sloe Gin
An ideal winter warmer made with sloe gin (or damson vodka). The great thing about this drink is that you can make up a batch of mulled apple juice, for all the family to enjoy, and then add the sloe gin (or damson vodka) to the top for a bit of a boozy twist. Delicious...
- Combine water & apple juice in a saucepan on low heat.
- Add spices and vanilla.
- Let the mixture simmer covered for about 20 - 60 minutes.
- Ladle into a mug, teacup, or Irish coffee mug and add sloe gin or damson vodka per glass.
- Garnish with a half orange slice and/or a cinnamon stick, or a piece of candied ginger on the rim.
- 6 parts cloudy apple juice to 1/2 part water
- Spices (We use 3 large cinnamon sticks, 5 star anise, 5 cardamom pods, 12 cloves, but you can pick and choose from the following; ginger, cinnamon sticks, allspice, cardamon pods)
- Vanilla Pod (cut down the middle) or alternatively Vanilla Extract
- Boiling Water
- 25ml sloe gin or damson vodka (per glass)
- half an orange slice (per glass)
- a cinnamon stick, or a piece of candied ginger (per glass)